Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Christmas Survey Thing-A-Ma-Bob

This little survey thing is pretty fun and as a bonus it could win me the thing Kimbal wants most for Christmas (not like "I could really use this..." more like, he would literally pee his new Christmas pjs if I surprised him with this stuff) and a bunch more stuff we hadn't even thought to dream of!

TodaysMama and GameStop are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.


1. What is your holiday wish for your family?
My biggest wish for my little family this year is to make some amazing memories and start some meaningful traditions. This is the first major holiday we'll be having with just the three of us so I'm really excited!

2. What is your Christmas morning tradition?
Our little family doesn't have one yet, but my family growing up had a few fun elements. We girls all got up and got ready together (pictures are taken, you don't want bed head), then we call my parents to make sure they're up. My dad calls downstairs to us with some playful taunting "Santa must have forgotten you this year..." and then lets us know when everything/everyone are ready for us to come up. I love it because we all rushed in to see the gifts and sparkling tree together. There was a lot of build up, but it's worth it!

3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?
I can't think of one solely for myself, so for all of us... A home of our own (red brick with white trim, big backyard, lots of trees) or to have Kimbal's degree(s) done and over with or both, both would be nice.

4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
Being the wife of a poor college student, I'm getting pretty good at "without any money". I'm making a bunch of our decor and gifts, I'm planning some free/cheap Christmas activities, and just keeping Christmas music playing makes a big difference in the level of spirit I have.

5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
We play a lot of card games; Progressive Rummy is our very favorite! We also played things like Scene It, trivia games, and a few PS games.

6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?
We're still at the stage of deciding what traditions from each we'll be carrying into our family, but so far we're doing similar goodies for neighbors, reading some of the same books, and taking a drive to see Christmas lights at least once every season.

7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip?
We're kinda "home for the holidays" kind of folk. If we were to go away though, we'd probably want to hole up in a cabin in the mountains someplace. I think Kimbal would really get a kick out of that and so far Logan adores the snow, so it'd be a good fit.

8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
The Xbox 360 with Kinect is the top of our list (we actually spent at least 45 minutes playing with one in a store yesterday), I'd love a DSi for me, a Wii for all of us, and a bunch of games for each! My favorite games I saw were Zumba Fitness, Lego Harry Potter, and Epic Mickey respectively. Ok... That's way more than three. Forgive me, math is not my forte.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I might be doing this myself! :) i miss you girl, SO bad! St. George, and Salt Lake are toooo far apart! :(

    I've been surprised at how much I haven't been in the christmas spirit.. its hard to feel it when your used to all the glitz and glam of your parents house.. and then bam.. your poor, and in a apartment. boo! but- one day we will look back on these years with fondness. right? yes.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete